Jennifer (Storli) Getz was born in Van Nuys, California and though she lived in Norway for a few years, she and her family settled in Valencia, California in the early 1980s. Jenni graduated from Hart High School in Newhall, California in 1993 and after attending seven colleges, including UCSB and UCLA, graduated from California State University Bakersfield in 1998.
Jenni took her Bachelor of Arts in British Literature and managed swimwear stores all over California for two major swimwear companies from 1998-2000. She finally put her degree to use teaching English at Canyon High School in 2000 where she met her husband Pete Getz. Jenni and Pete were married in August 2001, just 11 short months after their first date. Though both loved teaching, they started Getz Properties in 2002 and their unique business model grew to more than 20 agents in its first year and closed over 60 transactions. By the time Getz Properties merged into Keller Williams in 2009, they had closed over 500 homes. Jenni worked with owners at Keller Williams Realty to open Keller Williams Ventura and then Keller Williams Calabasas, where she was hired as CEO, growing the company to more than 70 agents in its first year. Jenni went on to open Keller Williams Granada Hills - Porter Ranch in 2010 and was the responsible Bureau of Real Estate Broker for 3 years. Jenni opened Tesoro Del Valle Realty after moving to Tesoro in 2004. She and her team are very proud to move more families into Tesoro Del Valle than any other single agent.
Jenni and Pete welcome their daughter Taylor in 2004 and their son Ryan in 2012. The Getz Family has lived in the same home in Tesoro Del Valle, Valencia, California since 2004. Jenni has overseen tens of thousands of transactions in her career as a real estate broker. She has personally closed more than 1,000 homes, living up to her name… Jenni Getz It Sold!
There are more than 100 steps to selling a home.
All you need to do is take the first one…
We’ll take care of the rest!
Thinking of selling your home?
Interview your Getz It Sold Team
Neighborhood Expert today!
CA DRE #01403992
The Getz It Sold Team
CA DRE #01391470
Any real estate agent can "list" your home...
stick a sign in your yard,
throw it in the MLS,
and wait for the phone to ring.
A Getz It Sold Team Expert will:
SELL your home…
for the MOST money…
in the SHORTEST amount of time…
with the LEAST amount of hassle!
Price It Well
This is the #1 most crucial factor in marketing your home and attracting MULTIPLE offers where you will have a CHOICE of qualified buyers. We know EVERYTHING for sale and SOLD in your neighborhood. We have a pulse on value at any given moment. We know what to price your home for to get offers we can counter to get you top dollar!
We show property all day long! It’s our job to look at homes! We know what buyers want to see… and more importantly, what they don’t want to see. We are going to be honest with you about what you need to clean, put away, and fix prior to showing. We are also going to advise you what not to do… sometimes you won’t get a return on your investment and we will tell you why.
Exclusive Getz It Sold Team For Sale Sign
Our neighborhood specific signs attract drive-by buyers who want to work with a LOCAL expert!
Professional Photography, Video, & 3-D Tours
We hire professional photographers to showcase the BEST features of your home! Our photographers are professionally trained and use state-of-the-art equipment to take stunning still pictures, flowing virtual walk-through videos, and amazing 3-D tours allowing buyers to “walk” through every inch of your home… almost better than being there in person! In today's online age we know how important it is to make a great first impression!
Entering your home into our Multiple Listing Service (or MLS) is not something we take lightly. There are so many ways we can make you stand out in front of your competition. Once you are active on the MLS, your home is sent to other online real estate destinations such as Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, Redfin and approximately 500 additional real estate specific websites! We also utilize social media such as our Getz It Sold Team Facebook page as well as our personal pages to advertise your home to our networks.
With your permission, an electronic lockbox will be placed on your home. All showings will be PRE-QUALIFIED (we want to know the BUYER and the AGENT who enter your home so we can ensure the safest experience for your family and one that will be the best possibility of leading to a qualified offer). We also adhere to STRICT guidelines set forth by the CDC and our local government to ensure agents and potential buyers follow COVID safety protocol; including signing a Coronavirus Property Entry Advisory and Declaration declaring they are free of symptoms, have not had any exposure, agree to wear protective foot, hand, and face coverings, and not to touch anything. Your safety is our TOP priority.
Our team not only pre-qualifies your showings, we also follow-up after EACH one to gain feedback from buyers AND agents who are out looking at YOUR COMPETITION! We use this feedback to make suggestions regarding your home’s appearance and/or price if necessary.
Neighborhood Marketing Campaigns
Many times, buyers are right here! Neighbors who love to live here may either want to move up or know a friend or family member who would love your neighborhood too! Advertising your home for sale to your neighbors is an excellent source of potential buyers!
Agent Networking Campaigns
Another excellent resource for qualified buyers are our colleagues. The Santa Clarita and surrounding Valleys have more than 5,000 active Realtor® members. It's not enough to just enter your home on the MLS system, it's our job to present your home to those agents with actual pre-qualified buyers looking in your price range.
The most important part comes AFTER the offers come in. Our team has negotiated THOUSANDS of offers since 2002. When presenting offers and preparing counter offers we consider:
Price (of course) however, the BEST offer isn't always necessarily the HIGHEST offer.
Buyers’ Qualifications including:
· deposit amount
· down payment amount
· proof of funds (we require current bank statements matching totals written on the offer)
· actually speaking to the buyers’ lender (we don’t just glance at their pre-approval letter)
· verifying income, assets, and FICO scores
· requesting buyers cross qualifying with our preferred lender
Closing Costs All expenses are negotiable. However, there are “typical” and “customary” expenses for both buyers and sellers. We provide you with a “Seller’s Estimated Net Sheet” upfront, before signing a listing with us, and an updated estimate will be provided prior to entering into an agreement with your buyer. We review each line item with you.
Other Terms such as length of escrow period and possession date… we look at a calendar with you to determine the best closing date and the actual moving date that best suits your family, then we clearly communicate your wishes in a counteroffer agreement.
Step-by-step CommunicationEven if you've sold a dozen homes in your lifetime, we do this EVERY DAY and we want to make sure you know exactly what is going on. A typical escrow is 30 days. Our job is to communicate with you day-by-day to ensure an on-time closing.
Escrow Paperwork Escrow will provide you with a packet of paperwork to fill out. We are happy to assist you with this and/or your escrow officer will be happy to as well. Your grant deed will need to be notarized, often sellers choose to meet with their escrow officer and handle everything at that appointment.
Sellers’ Disclosures You have a legal obligation to provide certain disclosures to your buyer within the first 7 days of an escrow. These disclosures protect you in the transfer of your property. It is our job to make sure you have all the disclosures your home requires, the most recent versions of these disclosures, and we review them with you to make sure they are filled out properly.
Inspections There are typically 4 inspections that take place in your home after an offer has been accepted and escrow opened:
· Termite or Wood Destroying Pest Inspection (typical seller expense, approximately $95, approximately 15-30 minutes)
· Appraisal(typical buyer expense, approximately 15-30 minutes)
· Home Inspection (typical buyer expense, approximately 1-3 hours) This is an opportunity for your buyer, their agent, and their home inspector to really look at the home to make sure there is nothing in need of repair. All homes in California are sold “as-is”, however, per the contract, the buyer has the right to inspection the property. Buyers sometimes request repairs, though nothing in the contract requires Sellers to make any repairs. This is where repair request negotiations may take place… you’re in good hands, we’ve seen it all and we will help make this process go as smoothly as possible to ensure both parties’ satisfaction.
· Final Walk-Through Your buyer has the right, again per the contract, to conduct a final walk-through of the property within the last five days prior to closing. This inspection is typically only about 15-30 minutes and gives the buyer an opportunity to make sure any repairs you agreed to make have been completed and to do things like take measurements and get excited about their new home.
Contingency RemovalsYour buyer holds several contingencies per the contract. Unless we see a need to shorten the timeframes with a counteroffer, typically the buyer has 5 days to review your disclosures, 17 days to perform inspections, 17 days to get an appraisal, and then 21 days to get full loan approval. Our job is to be aware of these dates and request contingency removals at the appropriate times. This not only ensures your rights to their deposit should they default, but more importantly, it ensures the transaction is moving along smoothly and if something needs attention, we address it before there is a problem.
Utility Transfer Again, we are your local Realtors. We know the names and numbers of all our local utilities. We will provide you and your buyer a list to ensure the transfer goes as smoothly as possible.
· Solar many of us have solar panels. If your system is owned, it simply transfers to the new owner through escrow. We do need you to provide any information you have including the company name, number, your account number, and we ask you to please make a phone call to the company to initiate the transfer. If your system is leased, we will work with your solar company, escrow, and your buyer to ensure a smooth transfer of your lease. This is something we will start working on day one, as it is sometimes a lengthy process. Because of this, it’s important to provide us with your solar lease information as soon as we sign a listing contract. We have worked with almost every solar company out there and we are familiar with their processes.
Funding The day your buyer’s loan funds (typically 24 hours prior to closing)
Close of Escrow or Recording This is the fun part… handing the buyer their new keys and you your check $$$
Sign up for real estate news.